I know you guys are just waiting on the edge of your seats for these pattern blocks (right?!). Well, I am happy to announce, my first set of pattern blocks is now available for purchase in the Selvage Designs store. This first set is for children’s sizes 2-7, and it includes pieces for a waist-, hip-, crotch- or knee-length garment. It also includes a long sleeve.
So, I’m just going to throw this out there before someone else inevitably does.
These blocks are glorified tee-shirt patterns. Yep, that’s right. GUILTY.
But the key word here is GLORIFIED. “Glorified how?” you ask. Let me tell you:
- They are based on current (2013) ASTM standards for a modern, universally accepted fit much like that of your favorite retailers.
- The instructions include lots of ASTM measurements to help you make decisions about pattern modifications.
- The pattern pieces lack seam allowance so you can easily make modifications without having to remove and re-add.
- The pattern went through four revisions and three rounds of testing for a great fit.
- The pattern is a little different than what you’d get if you drafted your own from say, the Aldrich book. That book provides a great start, but it’s based on very dated fashion preferences. These blocks are designed for today’s styles and taste.
- They include layered sizes so you can just print the size(s) you want/need.
AND THE VERY, VERY BEST PART?
You can do whatever you want with this pattern. (You know, except for resell it. Unless of course you happen to be one of my resale partners. Yadda yadda yadda.) That’s right – you can create your own pattern designs or finished garments from these blocks AND SELL THEM. Guilt-free. No questions asked. No credit required.
So what are you waiting for? It’s time to start creating your kids’ summer wardrobe! BUY THESE BLOCKS NOW! (For only $14!!!!!)
(Pssssst – these blocks are PDF only, but they are coming to the Pattern Workshop shop very soon as editable–not edible–blocks! Yep! You’ll be able to download the live files to edit to your little heart’s content in Illustrator or Inkscape! And if that sounds awesome, but you don’t know how to do it, you can take my course! Yeppity yep yep! I would love that! Stay tuned!)