The Tiny Dancer Slippers pattern is finally here!
These adorable shoes are simple and fast to knit. In fact, you can finish a pair in a couple hours – even if you’re a beginner! There are loads of options for customization and embellishment, and they come in sizes 0-3 to fit newborns through one-year-old babies.
(Love the felt flowers shown in the pictures in this post? Get the free tutorial on the Fickle Pickle!)
The pattern includes detailed instructions for knitting the slippers along with steps to add a Mary Jane strap, criss-cross straps, T-strap or an ankle strap. It even includes a template for you to trace and cut out the precious little insoles!
- 25-50 yards of feltable wool such as Cascade 220, Patons Classic Wool, Malabrigo Worsted or Cascade Eco
- Size 10 circular or straight needles
- Tapestry needle
Optional supplies (for the insoles and embellishment):
- Glue gun
- Sewing machine
- Scraps of fabric
- Covered buttons
- Braid elastic
- You name it – make them your own!
- Long-tail cast-on
- Knit stitch
- Purl stitch
- “M1” or make one away
- “K2tog” or knit two together
- “SSK” or slip slip knit
- Basic bind off
- Mattress stitch (OR, just wing it when you stitch them together! They will felt and look just gorgeous!)
Ready to cast on? The pattern is available for just $1.99. Buy it now on Ravelry!